The WoW or Gold Brainstormz Podcast Index

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Grayz in Battle for Azeroth - Twitter thoughts pt. 3


Here's ideas that I've put up on Twitter that are being tweaked into a blog post.

The idea is simply to share bit sized thoughts about my process while I play the game in a very specific way to meet my evergrowing needs of avoiding more and more time sinks.

The plans for alts has changed a couple of times since the last post for several reasons, but I won't waste too much time explaining why. Most important part is this; I hate the Activision-Blizzard quest system because it gives me zero options that truly interest me. So I level as much as possible outside of their system and enjoy the game so much more because of it.

Here's a breakdown of how I do it.



The current plan is to level all of my 110+ Hunters on both factions with rested XP using this strategy as of the 25th of September.

  1. Do Legion invasions, up until ding 111 due to nerfs post 110+, if they're up until the scenario quest. Then bail out as soon as the Legion Assault world quests are done. With rested XP the my two toons received 69k xp per world quest. The scenario takes too long and doesn't give more than a 5th of that. I'd rather relog and level another Hunter in that case. 
  2. Doing the bare minimum of the introductory questlines to Nazmir or Drustvar depending on faction.

    Nazmir for the chance at the Reins of the Tamed Bloodfeaster BoE mount drop. I'd sell the 1st I got and then buy another in the future or if rng was on my side, use the 2nd drop.

    Drustvar for Winter's Kiss which is extremely efficient for leveling Herbalism and has a relatively high chance of spawning Anchor Weed from time to time, which currently is the most profitable  herb to sell by far.
  3. Grab whichever herbs I come by.
  4. Do Bonus objectives if there's other people nearby or if they're relatively fast.
  5. Kill level 120 named mobs when other players are killing them, drop a banner for added XP, if it's available.
  6. Queue Skirmishes and practice getting comfortable within the Arena and use my alts to queue so much more, gain XP while doing it, be a tad more relaxed because it isn't done on my main.
  7. Rince repeat until the alt can go to Nazmir or Drustvar depending on faction.
  8. Rince repeat til level 120
  9. Post ding 120 I'll do world quests except very few for gear, if it's worth it, world bosses and Champions of Azeroth rep, if it's worth it.
This is ending topic below is one that I'll return to one way or another.

Battle for Azeroth endgame
I'll most likely stand still queuing PvP content on most alts or do it while farming mounts to port faster to the entrance after killing the boss of interest. Especially since playing for gear upgrades at max level is another time sink that I avoid entirely. 

My ilevel on my main Hunter has stopped increasing the past week because there's no point doing world quests for Azerite pieces that I can't target, since I don't know which I'll receive from the cache. And no other PvE content except world bosses is worth doing unless they drop some nearly BiS stuff that I can't get easily anywhere else. Which I can't, since the whole loot system is a 100% rng based. There's definitely too many cooks in this current World of Warcraft "MMO". Luckily I can adapt so easily that I've been farming mounts alot already and will keep on doing it, unless I'm busy farming herbs and queueing skirms for practice.

GLHF enjoying endgame!
I know I am.

#woworgold 
#grayzlogic 
#Warcraft


Random commercial break inserted by Activision-Blizzard, but me choosing the content, of course!

Classic Arena matchup from 2014. Bleached Bones vs 3 Amigos 




















No comments:

Post a Comment